Started in 2004 by local dedicated outdoor enthusiasts and conservationists, the fishing derby is a great way for kids and their parents to have an enjoyable and educational morning on the lake fishing for perch, sunfish, trout, bass, northern pikeminnow, sculpin, and whatever else you can get to bite. The main objectives of the derby are to get new anglers out on the water, experienced anglers to share their knowledge and fish stories, and everyone to have a good time while connecting with the environment.
- Barbless hooks only (Catch & Release derby). Pinch down barbs on your hooks!
- Due to crowding on the dock, no overhead casting is allowed
- Adult supervision required for all children 12 and under
- Ethical fishing and sportsmanship encouraged: please share the hot spots on the dock, and if you catch a fish, please permit others a chance in your spot!
- Prizes will be awarded for those 14 and younger. 15 years old and above are welcome, but not eligible for prizes.
- Fishing license required by state law for kids 15 and older and parents wanting to fish.
There usually are a few grand prizes for notable catches (biggest fish, etc), as well as plenty of other prizes for all participants.
Be sure to be present at 9:30am if you want to cash in on the prize basket!